Pinterest

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal


This morning I made Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal for breakfast and I have to say that this recipe is going into the breakfast rotation at my house. It is delicious! You can even eat it cold as well for a scrumptious snack, as a square. The flavour is like a cookie or bar, but it's breakfast! We ate it warm from the oven with a little milk on top. So, so good, I just had to rave about it. Especially when this guy tells me how much he likes it! I am going to add crunchy peanut butter next time, maybe Adam's. Fabulous.
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
Mix all ingredients together and stir well. Spread in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer. Serve with warm milk poured over top. Enjoy!
Happy Birthday Mom! Glad you like your birthday song.
Thanks Fellow Freecycler, for picking up on time and calling ahead to make sure you got your goods!