Monday, June 25, 2012
Saturday, June 16, 2012
1. Cut pattern and material for new spring dress. (amazing fabric score at VV boutique!)
2. Load photos onto portable drive for 90th bday project
3.Write Laurel's bio
4. Figure out Blurb program
5. Learn to make beadie buddies and other loot bag goodies
6. Learn the square stitch for plastic lace (already mastered the circle stitich, thankyouverymuch)
7. Possibly copy the bag design I saw for sale for $19.99. I think I can beat that!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Place about 1/2 inch paint in each cup. pour in the same amount of dish soap and then add water to make double the amount of liquid total. Place cup on tray, put straw in cup. Blow bubbles! When the tray is full of bubbles, gently place a piece of paper on the tray and lay flat without touching the bottom (though that does produce another interesting effect, in my opinion). Let dry then layer with another color print. Fun! Beautiful! (Do this outside.) I can't wait to have time to do this at home.
We also went to a craft fair, Creative Chaos which is a huge event in our town and one that I can tend to get carried away at. I've blogged about it nearly every year. This year, we stuck to looking, not so much spending, and my son had a $10 budget, which he stuck to. One purchase we could not resist was the work of a little boy, sitting next to his father in a booth. This boy, who looked to be about 5 years old, had a box full of colorful balls and was bouncing one up and down on a rubber band on his finger. They were yo yo balloons! How entrepreneurial! It was the most adorable thing and of course, my boy was as enchanted as I was and spent his last $3 on the spot. The construction is easy and I will probably make more for fun. I even found some instructions here. So, the simple wonder of things has kept me inspired and I thought I would share them with you. Cheers.
Friday, June 1, 2012
-Mended a sheet instead of throwing it out
-Made cut off shorts and muscle shirts
-Made pillow cases
-Did my own bangs/hair trim
-Organize plastic containers and shopping bags to use less disposable waste
-Clean out fridge and use up random bits of leftovers before they go bad
-Made breakfast muffin cake with saved cereal mix and apple/pear puree (from food organizing)
- Bought a cooked chicken and made soup stock from carcass. Used breast meat for chicken snack wrappers.