Pinterest

Friday, October 21, 2011

Late Night Snack

Last night I had a hankering for something salty and crunchy. I couldn't go out for a junk food run because my little guy has the flu and my hubs was out, so I made my own chips. It was incredibly easy, I just sliced peeled potatoes on the side of my grater, paper thin and then fried them in a couple of inches of vegetable oil. They were mighty fine, especially hot. When the man got home he demanded, not unlike Thor, in the movie, "Another!" I'd like to get a proper mandolin, to make the chips even prettier and experiment with some other flavours. It is true: there is probably about a potato and a half in a bag of chips, all told. Huh. Who knew?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These ARE good, aren't they? Taste of Home (I think) has a barbeque seasoned version. I haven't tried it because when I made them they all got eaten before they cooled off. We didn't even bother with salt, they were so good. I'm going to bet that popcorn seasoning would work.

And yeah, once you make a batch, you do realize just how few potatoes are in a bag of chips. I also figured somewhere between one and two potatoes.

Unknown said...

Going to try this for sure!
maybe even buy a mandolin.
Thanks

K8 said...

i have a mandolin you can have! you just have to come visit kamloops! its just a cheapy from superstore but its SHARP. it only does three thicknesses but would be perfect for chips. i bought a new mandolin that does julienne.