Pinterest

Monday, March 4, 2013

I heart Groupon (and family fun)

Seby and Simon fishing 2008
No, they didn't pay me to say that, but it's true. Once in a while I will purchase a Groupon and then we treat ourselves with deals. One time I got a luxurious pedicure! Something I wouldn't regularly do, but since I had the discount, I thought why not? It made for a fun day on the weekend for the family. I had two Groupons that I wanted to use, one for Lazer tag and one for the aquatic center, H2O. We thought, why not make the day of it and have some discounted family fun? I woke up congested and wasn't sure I was up to all this fun, but once I got rolling and had some IHOP pancakes in my belly, I was good to go. We hit the Lazer tag and learned about the vests and guns. We laughed at our glowing teeth and phosphorescent lint on our hoodies. Our opponents were two other school age boys who, as siblings, decided to team up against us, even though it was supposed to be every man for himself. They put the lazer hurt on us for the first 17 minute game ( much of which I could be found panting in a dark corner, trying to hide my glowing teeth and other vulnerable targets). By the second game, we wised up and, though the Terminators united, I am proud to say, we lazered the heck out of them. Take that, school age kids! Then, a strange thing happened; I ignored the team thing and became Renegade Mom, mercilessly lazering my hubby and son and those other two at every opportunity. Must have been the Buckley's cough syrup or something. We passed the afternoon swimming, hot tubbing and water sliding, followed by an early dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. What a great family day!

No comments: